[x3d-public] Ouch, x3d.py XML output does not list required fields in unit and component

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 07:17:54 PDT 2023

Low impact issue in x3d.py at this point:

Does one even need to list the component or unit nodes if level and
conversionFactor fields are defaulted? Note: the fields are required.  If a
defaulted, but required field is reset in a python program, should the
default be in XML output? I would like it so.  See attached python program.

I'll do the tooltip thing.

X3D Tooltips in English version 4.0 (web3d.org)
<https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/X3dTooltips.html#unit.conversionFactor> --
conversionFactor is required!

X3D Tooltips in English version 4.0 (web3d.org)
<https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/X3dTooltips.html#component.level> --
level is required

X3DUOM says use="required" for both fields.

Should I check XML schema?

This is why program output needs to be validated and verified, especially
if it's a program!

Luckily, I'm hoping this doesn't affect much, probably just x3d.py and an
xslt.

Thanks!

John

<component level='3' name='Navigation'/>
    <component name='Shaders'/>
    <component level='2' name='CADGeometry'/>
    <component level='2' name='DIS'/>
    <component name='H-Anim'/>
    <component name='Grouping'/>
    <component name='Layering'/>
    <unit category='angle' name='AngleUnitConversion'/>
    <unit category='length' name='LengthUnitConversion'/>
    <unit category='force' conversionFactor='4.4482'
name='ForceFromPoundsToNewtons'/>