[x3d-public] Super simple animations?

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 18:58:38 PDT 2023

On Sun, Aug 6, 2023 at 8:40 PM John Carlson <yottzumm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Understood that I don't need script.  Understand that I suffer from carpal
> tunnel and I don't want to waste a lot of time editing duplicate code.
> Maybe we can do something like IMPORT/EXPORT or prototypes.

I'm thinking I can declare a PROTO, say JumpAndRunAnimation, and pass 2
SFNodes (or an MFNode) which contain the Animation Groups.  I'm hoping that
this will create a separate namespace for the interpolators and TimeSensors
found in the Animation Groups. After I pass in the Animation Groups, I use
event utilities to chain the animation groups passed into the proto in
order.  I'll have to somehow do the chaining between Animation Group
TimeSensors in the PROTO.  I've not done PROTOs in VRML yet, so this should
be a challenge.  Hmm.  Is that all?  How do I do chaining on any number of
Animation Groups?

Where do I put the ROUTEs that turn on one Animation group and turn off the
other Animation groups?  In a Switch?  Does that work?   Can I pass a
similar list of ROUTEs to the PROTO?

Thanks!