[x3d-public] Zee to thee or Zee to me?

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Sun Aug 13 19:43:43 PDT 2023

Huh.  Wondering why are you asking a valid question from something that is by-definition nonsensical?  It is popular, I know I know…  Probabilistic liar, randomized idiot savant, automated con artist – sorry, not sure about that.

Here is our public guidance.  Improvements always welcome.

*	X3D Scene Authoring Hints
*	These hints provide a collection of style guidelines, authoring tips and best practices to improve the quality, consistency, and maintainability of Extensible 3D (X3D) Graphics models.
*	https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/X3dSceneAuthoringHints.html

*	X3D Scene Authoring Hints: Coordinate Systems and Rotations
*	https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/X3dSceneAuthoringHints.html#CoordinateSystems

*	Each set of axes follows the right-hand rule (RHR) for coordinate systems.
*	https://x3dgraphics.com/images/Chapter03/RightHandRuleAxes.png

*	Each set of orientations follows the right-hand rule (RHR) for angle rotations.
*	https://x3dgraphics.com/images/Chapter03/RightHandRuleOrientations.png

p.s. listing only one axis at once is ill defined.  You need X Y and Z, also need Right Hand Rule for completeness.

Have fun with X3D, wherever you are…  8)

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br        brutzman at nps.edu

Watkins 270,  MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA    +1.831.656.2149

X3D graphics, virtual worlds, navy robotics https://faculty.nps.edu/brutzman