[x3d-public] When view3dscene "core dumps"

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 06:55:25 PDT 2023

When view3dscene "core dumps," I've found Holger's x3d-tidy (Yes, Don,
x3d-tidy. :-) as a useful Classic VRML debugging tool.

Great work on the tools, Holger!  You saved the day!  Even if they are
named a bit funny.

Any other "Classic VRML compiler" information people have would be useful.

Sorry, I can't provide the files yet, but I did save them off.  I think the
fatal crashes were when a ROUTE specified a DEF that doesn't exist, check
that Michalis.

Yay for command line freaks.  Here's sample:

$ npx x3d-tidy -i `pwd`/relativepath.x3dv -i `pwd`/relativepath.x3dj.

Does X3D-Edit have a VRML validator?

Is there a declarative shell?