[x3d-public] TimeSensor Hierarchy

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Mon Jul 3 09:11:28 PDT 2023

Here is one way to do it.

*	X3D Example Archives: X3D4WA, X3D for Web Authors, Chapter 07 Event
Animation Interpolation, Time Sensor Chaining
*	Connecting TimeSensor nodes so that the completion of one behavior chain
triggers another.
*
https://x3dgraphics.com/examples/X3dForWebAuthors/Chapter07EventAnimationInterpolation/TimeSensorChainingIndex.html
*
https://x3dgraphics.com/examples/X3dForWebAuthors/Chapter07EventAnimationInterpolation/TimeSensorChaining.x3d

However, seems like a ROUTE or two might be missing/mistaken...  Clicking to
open the door opens OK, but then has trouble closing again.

If anyone sees the mistake in the event chain, please advise, all corrections
welcome.

This is a good occasion to point out that something which took an X3D file and
produced an event graph diagram (perhaps in SVG) would be generally useful.
(On Linux, the Titania authoring tool has such a diagramming capability,)

I will print out the HTML documentation version and draw the ROUTE lines
mNUlly to visualize what is happening and troubleshoot further.

*
https://x3dgraphics.com/examples/X3dForWebAuthors/Chapter07EventAnimationInterpolation/TimeSensorChaining.html

p.s. here are some helpful author checklists from book chapters on animation
and interactivity.

*	10-step process for constructing animation chains
*
https://x3dgraphics.com/examples/X3dForWebAuthors/Chapter07EventAnimationInterpolation/Chapter07-EventAnimationInterpolation.10StepAnimationDesignProcess.pdf

*	X3D Event Utility Nodes: Field Event Diagrams
*
https://x3dgraphics.com/examples/X3dForWebAuthors/Chapter09EventUtilitiesScripting/X3dEventUtilityNodeEventDiagrams.pdf

Have fun with X3D animation!  8)

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br        brutzman at nps.edu

Watkins 270,  MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA    +1.831.656.2149

X3D graphics, virtual worlds, navy robotics https://faculty.nps.edu/brutzman