[x3d-public] Blender > Exporting rig transforms to HAnim?

Joseph D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 23 14:17:43 PDT 2023

➢ If I make a skin and add a rig in Blender

The important stuffs in a ‘rig’ are the skeleton to skin vertex bindings and weights.
Basic: rotation of one or more Joint nodes control skin animation.
The skin as IFS is fine, but how is the skin connected to the skeleton hierarchy for skin animations?

Not likely for complete export of the x3d Humanoid with skeleton and skin at this time. At least you need for Blender to be able to tell you the Joint (or Transform) hierarchy of Joint nodes for the skeleton
and
the IFS or a least a list of coordinate for the skin,
and
the bindings (which Joint(s) affect which skin point(s) and weight(s) (how much do the Joint(s) rotation(s) affect each point (vertex) of the mesh.

If you can somehow get this info then the x3d Humanoid can be built and animated.

Also not sure of what Blender will export for animations. It might be some like bvh.

If you are just starting to do this then start with how do I import a “standard” humanoid skeleton and skin to Blender?
If you start with a “standard” loa4 hierarchy skeleton dimensioned in default Humanoid space then that would be most complete project.

Thanks and Best,
Joe