[x3d-public] Blender > Exporting rig transforms to HAnim?

Joseph D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 23 14:34:33 PDT 2023

➢ The Blender->X3D exporter unfortunately doesn't support animations (of
any kind - even simple transformations, not to mention skinning
animation with H-Anim).

Sorry to hear that. I have seen hints in Rhino that at least it would seem to support exporting x3d as a hierarchy of Transforms for the skeleton and hints that author could get the list of vertex bindings and weights, and other Bongo stuffs; even the magic of tweening could be available with several interp math choices.

➢ Regards,
➢ Michalis

Continuing that x3d depends on these other GUI-driven authoring systems that use the same numbers for the same things as x3d but really do not care much about allowing the author to read and even edit their user code and may care even less about authoring a scene intended for realtime runtime in our WWW.

All Best InOut,
Joe