[x3d-public] visibilityRange for X3DFogObject: specification erratum detected, corrections applied IAW Web3D Consortium policy/practice

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Nov 2 07:59:25 PDT 2023

Thanks for all insights and inputs.  Dick and I have applied these errata
changes, checked them into Web3D Consortium member-only github archive, and
closed the three corresponding Mantis issues.  Following review of the final
.zip versions, they will be submitted to ISO for final consideration and
review.

Checking of these modifications is appreciated.  Note also that the first
part of the document title has been changed in accordance with ISO JTC1 SC24
guidance.

*	X3D 4.0 Architecture
*	"The full title of this document is: Information technology for
computer graphics, image processing and environmental data representation -
Extensible 3D (X3D) - Part 1: Architecture and base components."
*
https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3Dv4Draft/ISO-IEC19775-1v4-IS.proof/Pa
rt01/components/ Architecture.html

*	X3D 4.0 Architecture, clause 1 Scope
*
https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3Dv4Draft/ISO-IEC19775-1v4-IS.proof/Pa
rt01/ scope.html

*	X3D 4.0 Architecture, 24 Environmental effects component, 24.3.2
X3DFogObject
*
https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3Dv4Draft/ISO-IEC19775-1v4-IS.proof/Pa
rt01/components/environmentalEffects.html#X3DFogObject

*	X3D 4.0 Architecture, 24 Environmental effects component, 24.4.4
LocalFog
*
https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3Dv4Draft/ISO-IEC19775-1v4-IS.proof/Pa
rt01/components/environmentalEffects.html# LocalFog

Web3D Consortium membership has value.  Everyone is encouraged to join, we
all have great influence and impact working together.

*	Web3D Consortium: Join
*	https://www.web3d.org/join

Have fun with X3D 4.0!   8)

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br        brutzman at nps.edu

Watkins 270,  MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA    +1.831.656.2149

X3D graphics, virtual worlds, navy robotics https://faculty.nps.edu/brutzman