[x3d-public] announce: X3DJSAIL update for X3D Java modeling

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 02:43:49 PST 2023

So I thought, maybe see what changes X3DUOM affect JSON schema?

These seem to be the major ones:

$ git diff x3d-4.0-JSONSchema.json|grep '^[-+].*"[-@]'|sort -u|grep -v
SFNode

deleted fields:

-            "@coordIndex": {
-    "-X3DColorNodeMFNode": {

added fields:

+            "@mapping": {
+            "-backMaterial": {

Suggestion for X3DJSAIL (auto-set containerField)/X3dToJava.xslt (remove
setContainerField).

In order to relieve the Java application developer from having to know the
peculiarities of the XML encoding,

Perhaps:

addChild with a ProtoInstance parameter
addShaders with a ProtoInstance parameter and
setMaterial with a ProtoInstance parameter

could call setContainerField on the ProtoInstance?

My code doesn't call setContainerField at all.  Maybe maybe my code is
broken?

Seems fairly easy?