[x3d-public] TextureCoordinate point range…should be reduced?

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 20:32:16 PST 2023

18.4.7 TextureCoordinate

TextureCoordinate : X3DSingleTextureCoordinateNode {
  SFString [in,out] mapping  ""
  SFNode   [in,out] metadata NULL [X3DMetadataObject]
  MFVec2f  [in,out] point    []   (-∞,∞)
}

I ran into a case where I was expecting texture coordinate point
values from [0,1] in a texture mapping file, and I got values like
-99999 an other negative values, which cause me to ignore the
triangles and totally foul up the texture.  At this point, I don’t
know what negative values mean in a texture coordinate point value and
what I should accept for an IFS.  It seems like -99999 is dreadfully
wrong, but per the spec above, any float value is acceptable.  I will
check the IFS spec, but if no one has a use case, I recommend reducing
the range of the texture coordinate point values.