[x3d-public] Problems with XSLT maintenance issues?

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 06:54:22 PDT 2023

Another possibility, but probably requires immutability is to translate
XSLT to Scala still using Saxon and perhaps MapForce, and then decompiling
your compiled Scala JVM byte code to Java.   I don’t know what the result
would be, but the result might be okay to maintain without expensive
tools.  One just needs an XSLT to Scala mapping in XSLT.  One can use the
mapping on itself.

The goal is to translate a declarative to functional to a very popular
language, Java, since Saxon is written in Java, Saxon continues to be used.

So what I think is needed is an XSLT to Scala/Saxon mapping.

I’m going to watch some Scala videos.