[x3d-public] x3d.py roundtrip for Metadata nodes in v.3.3 and v.4.0

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 12:38:20 PDT 2023

For a post-processor someone could test X3dTidy.xslt or the canonicalizer
to see if they add containerFields.

If I remember, I can look into X3dTidy, since I already have that in mostly
in place here:

https://github.com/coderextreme/x3dschema

The batchtidy ant target is in build.xml

I already filter container fields from JSON.  We’re just focused on XML
(x3d.py output) at this point. Please ignore any ant targets that use JSON
as they are still being tested.  I do not have any x3d.py output in this
repository that I know of.

As a side note, if x3d.py could take some form of input, perhaps through an
adjunct package using a python dict, this would be much easier.  I’ve tried
more than twice to accomplish this.

John