[x3d-public] @channels in HAnimMotion JSON. MFString again

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 12:37:24 PDT 2023

So no one wants have a frank conversation about this?

We need to figure out a solution to MFString in JSON.  We can’t do onesies
twosies.

My web page now uses Holger’s Browser.toJSONString().  No other solution
works half decently on the web for converting XML to JSON in a browser.
X_ITE creates JSON arrays for MFStrings.

I have brought up this issue many, many times.  Our current Saxon/XSLT
solution does not work in a web client.  The Saxon JavaScript version just
isn’t there.  I am not going to write server side code.

I am converting XML to JSON over from stylesheets to x3d-tidy, even though
Saxon itself works perfectly well in X3D-Edit and in my RunSaxon.java.
Ideally, we could match a web solution with a server-side solution.

At this point, I am following Holger’s lead because there’s no Saxon
solution for web clients.

Are we killing X3D JSON? Then let’s be upfront about it and not talk in
smoke-filled rooms.

John