[x3d-public] Python authoring/mesh editing; Web3D TypeScript engine

vmarchetti at kshell.com vmarchetti at kshell.com
Mon Feb 12 02:08:49 PST 2024

Referring to the question toward the end, to knowledge the x3d.py module does not offer a navigation analogous to 'parent'

Because of the DEF/USE mechanism which allows a node to be situated at multiple locations in a scenegraph, there is no simple definition of a parent node.

In a DOM tree or XML ELement tree we can ask what is the parent of the encoding element that contains the DEF attribute of a X3D node, but that is not a concept that transfers from encoding to encoding

Vince Marchhetti