[x3d-public] JinLOA4 package; OrientationInterpolation negations

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 21:01:23 PST 2024

Note that I’ve been working on OrientationInterpolators for Gramps and
Lily/Tufani/Leif so we can negate any axis or rotation, the results from
Gramps are positive (knees don’t bend backwards), large source code files
can be handled with GraalJS+X3DJSAIL, unlike Java and XML source.  So JS is
now my primary use case for X3DJSAIL+HAnim+animation.

I’ve noticed I have to get good XML for good JS conversion with my
JavaScriptSerializer.js.  I’m not quite sure what’s up as the XML is output
from tovrmlx3d.  Mostly, there are strange Transforms in the source VRML,
which I zap now, but I’m fairly sure there are strange meta tags that
tovrmlx3d introduces that X3DJSAIL rejects???

I will try to produce samples, but these are large files.

There are a couple of more Transforms and a Viewpoint that I remove by hand
from the XML, which I don’t want to remove from the VRML right now.

If anyone knows what needs to be done with
Lily/Tufani/Leif with regards to OrientationInterpolators, let me know.

Another good news is I got the JS-Java interface working, if someone needs
help from the JS side.

I have not been tweaking the JavaScriptSerializer.js since the Alpha
release of X3DJSONLD, so that’s good news.

John