[x3d-public] X3DJSONLD JavaScript SAI based on X3DJSAIL

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 29 18:25:38 PST 2024

I’ll be checking in my X3DJSONLD JavaScript SAI based on X3DJSAIL and
GraalJS later tonight.  I left before ensuring the code was checked in.

https://github.com/coderextreme/X3DJSONLD/tree/master/src/main/graaljs

Here’s the primary interface file:

https://github.com/coderextreme/X3DJSONLD/blob/master/src/main/graaljs/net/coderextreme/data/X3Dautoclass.js

This works with GraalVM/GraalJS js.exe (found in the bin folder of the
distribution.  If you found js.cmd, it’s old.)

I will be checking in SAI code that works with example models, and shell
and bat scripts with appropriate parameters.

Note at the bottom of the examples where it writes output files.

If anyone wants an updated X3DSAIL interface, let me know, but it’s easy to
extend!

Note while it’s easy to build a scene, it’s more difficult to update a
scene!  I’ll try to get modification examples checked in soon!  I’m
guessing the push failed due to large files or folders were not checked
in.  Movie night!

Primary benefits over Java:  fewer class files to manage, larger source
code capabilities.

Primary disadvantages:  slower than Java, not compatible with other
JavaScript SAI (hopefully, we’ll address this).