[x3d-public] FreeWRL line 999 DEF/USE mismatch,

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 20:04:11 PST 2024

Joe, check the tag is Shape instead of Transform in the USEd elements.

DEF/USE attributes with the same value should have the same XML tag.  Shape
matches Shape and Transform matches Transform.

If another browser accepts this file, I would be surprised, perhaps a bug
should be reported, but I don’t know how lenient the standard is.  It’s
like shoving a square peg in a round hole.

Don’t forget X3D-Edit Q&A!

!= means “not equals” in many programming languages.  Perhaps unicode could
be used, but I’m not sure of font or encoding (could be cp1252 or
something).  ! is also “not” in many programming languages, as an easy
mnemonic.  Probably the error message could be friendlier.

Sorry, two messages today!

John