[GeoWeb3DContest] Question about the source data

Information and updates on Web3D's Rotterdam city data competition geoweb3dcontest at web3d.org
Thu Sep 11 06:23:57 PDT 2014

Dear Ji-Sun,

using the 3D City Model of Rotterdam is mandatory. A terrain model is mandatory as well, but you can pick any source you like. Both CityGML data and the terrain data can be simplified / optimized for streaming in a preprocessing step.

Sensor data and OGC online services are optional but recommended. The City of Rotterdam offered access to some other data sources as well. I will update the list of avaialable data sources from time to time. However, these will be optional as well. Hope this helps.

Regards
Volker Coors

Prof. Dr. Volker Coors
Studiendekan Informationslogistik
Hochschule für Technik Stuttgart
University of Applied Sciences
Fakultät Vermessung, Informatik, Mathematik
Schellingstr. 24
D-70174 Stuttgart

fon: +49 (0)711 8926 2708
+49 (0)711 8926 2606 (Sekretariat)