[Korea-chapter] [X3D] H-Anim WG meeting, August 21, 5:00pm PDT (22nd, 9:00am KST)

Myeong Won Lee myeongwonlee at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 21:58:46 PDT 2013

Gun Lee attended at the meeting. See below.

>Attendees: Myeong Won Lee, Kwan Hee Yoo, Joe Williiams, William Glascoe,
Dick Puk, Don Brutzman,

>(at end) Gerry Kim.

Attendees: Myeong Won Lee, Kwan Hee Yoo, Joe Williiams, William Glascoe,
Dick Puk, Don Brutzman,

(at end) Gun Lee (from New Zealand)

The materials of the two new proposals (H-Anim Facial Animation, and H-Anim
Hands and Feet Animation), presented at the H-Anim WG meeting in Anaheim as
well as this meeting, have been upload to the H-Anim Wiki. Login to Member
wiki is necessary before downloading the files.

http://web3d.org/wiki/index.php/H-Anim#New_proposals_submitted_to_H-Anim_WG

http://www.web3d.org/membership/login/documents/accion.php?PHPSESSID=e6adb8f530c0d474008059c98e456dc6&dir=.%2FH-Anim%20WG%2FNewProposals

Sincerely,

Myeong

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) <
brutzman at nps.navy.mil> wrote:

> [...]
>

> http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/X3dTooltipsKorean.html#IndexedFaceSet
>
> *creaseAngle* *[creaseAngle accessType initializeOnly<http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/X3dTooltipsKorean.html#accessType>,
> type SFFloat<http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/X3dTooltipsKorean.html#type>CDATA "0"] [0,infinity)
> *
> creaseAngle은 인접한 폴리곤이 날카로운 변두리 혹은 유연한 음영이 그려질때 각(라디안)을 정의 한다. 만약 두 인접한
> 폴리곤의 법선이 creaseAngle 보다 작다면, 유연한 음영은 공통의 라인 구분을 지나면서 표현한다 .
>
> Interchange profile  *Hint:* only 0 and 긫 radians supported.
> *Hint:* creaseAngle=0 은 모든 변두리를 예리하게 표현하는것을 의미하고, creaseAngle=3.14는 모든
> 변두리를 유연하게 표현하는것을 의미한다 .
>

> creaseAngle has nothing to do with the geometry, it changes how the
> geometry is drawn.
>

> example use in an H-Anim model:  Jin might have creaseAngle='0' for
> showing every crease and fold in the Shape nodes for the shorts, then use
> creaseAngle='3.14159' for showing smooth legs.
>

> Further discussion available in our _X3D for Web Authors_ book, slides and
> videos.
>

> http://x3dgraphics.com/slidesets/X3dForWebAuthors/Chapter06-GeometryPointsLinesPolygons.pdf
>

> 4.  human behaviors:  we had a spirited discussion about names, confusion,
> roll/pitch/yaw, etc.
>

> Joes extension of some basic behaviors in the original NPS interface for
> Nancy are good.  Even if some are confusable, they are valid X3D and legal
> authoring choices.
>

> Maybe we can improve them to avoid confusion... Joe I'm happy to help.
>

> William mentioned medical animations - this is a promising direction to
> explore.
>

> Congratulations everyone, we have begun working on the future challenges!
>

> 5.  Preparations for ISO Sydney meeting are well along and nearly complete.
>

> Kwan Hee Yoo has a wonderful slideset.  He presented highlights to us.
> After the meeting, Myeong Won Lee will ensure that all presentation
> slidesets are on wiki.
>

> - lots of interesting discussion
>
> - small note: your presentation .pdf slide 11 appears to be missing an
> image.  perhaps slide 16 is missing an image too??
>
> - of interest: slide 12 shows a foot with all bones labeled similarly to
> H-Anim specification, with annotations both in English and Korean... Kwan
> Hee Yoo is searching for Unicode translations in many different languages.
> that will let us automate skeleton annotations for any language, both in
> tools and in H-Anim models themselves if desired.
>

> We communicated that full-fidelity models are very important, we are
> striving for anatomical correctness.  Any subset models for animation must
> be strict subsets and not different.  Then the H-Anim Level Of Articulation
> (LOA) models can be added cumulatively.
>

> It was not clear from this slideset what joints are missing from H-Anim
> 1.1 so please list the changes if possible.
>

> Thanks from everyone for the great work.
>

> 6.  We agreed to follow schedule listed below.

Myeong Won Lee
Dept. of Information Media, College of IT, U. of Suwon
Hwaseong-si, Gyeonggi-do, 445-743 Korea
Tel) +82-31-220-2313, +82-10-8904-4634
E-mail) mwlee at suwon.ac.kr