[X3D-Public] Dragging things in screen-space

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 22 19:40:23 PDT 2011

> putting a drag sensor into a billboard (camera-facing) would get me
> close,

maybe a DragSensor would help, and think about just a simple Anchor.
For example, it seems to work when an Anchor includes a clickable
shape.
So, use the Anchor to declare a child is a clickable shape, then
position the suggested viewpoint relative to the object.

DEF Venus1 Viewpoint { position 25 4 50 description "Venus" }

DEF Venus Transform { ...
  children [
    Anchor { description "Planet Venus" url "#Venus1" ...
      children [ Shape { geometry ...
}]}]}

or similar. The point is that when you click on the Shape child of the
Anchor, url is followed then Viewpoint Venus1 becomes active and the
view changes to the defined Venus1 position and orientation.
Good Luck and Best Regards,
Joe

define the target Viewpoint position then
For example, If you