[X3D-Public] X3D Validator
brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Apr 11 20:58:40 PDT 2012
On 4/5/2012 1:15 PM, Don Brutzman wrote:
> I'm happy to announce the availability of a new web-based quality assurance (QA) capability for X3D. This includes multiple different technologies that can check your local or online .x3d scenes in a single pass.
> X3D Validator
Lots of improvements over the past week, including regex detection of
embedded plus/minus signs and addition of a pretty-print XHTML listing.
Further test reports are welcome! 8)
The X3D Validator provides server-based suite of tests to help ensure the quality of X3D scenes. Validation tests include:
- XML header and DOCTYPE checking for correct document headers
- Well-formed XML checking
- X3D DTD and XML Schema checking for valid X3D nodes, fields and values
- X3D Schematron rule checking to verify semantic correctness and detect internal-consistency problems
- X3D to ClassicVRML conversion checks a variety of legal X3D constructs
- Regular expression checking for malformed floating-point numbers and excess leading zeros
- X3D to XHTML conversion pretty-print listing to check online URL links and to document ROUTE connections
The X3D-Edit authoring tool also provides these tests for checking X3D scenes.
Eliminating errors and warnings makes X3D content more portable and reliable. All of the several thousand scenes that are checked into the X3D Example Archives undergo these checks each night through continuous-integration Jenkins builds.
The Java-based servlet code for the X3D Validator is in open source at http://x3d.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/x3d/www.web3d.org/x3d/tools/X3dQualityAssurance/X3dValidator.
all the best, Don
Don Brutzman Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270, MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA +1.831.656.2149
X3D graphics, virtual worlds, navy robotics http://faculty.nps.edu/brutzman
More information about the X3D-Public