[X3D-Public] AD Working Group meeting minutes: CAD viewer review, Web3D 2014 Workshop preparations

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Jul 16 17:45:28 PDT 2014

Attendees: Hyokwang Lee, Vince Marchetti, Dick Puk, Don Brutzman.

We first examined the following wonderful model/tool in detail.  There is a banner image linking it on the front of the new web3d home page.  It has much of the capability of a regular tool.

	http://www.web3d.org/example/cad-scene-graph-viewer

	http://examples.x3dom.org/cadViewer/slimViewerEngine

We are hoping that someone from Fraunhofer might be willing to demonstrate this model and field questions during the Web3D Workshop on BIM/AEC/AM/CAD Initiatives.

We copied the agenda for the workshop from the conference page into the wiki.  It is now available for continued preparation, and will be used to take minutes during the session.

http://web3d2014.web3d.org/workshops/#initiatives
http://www.web3d.org/wiki/index.php/Web3D_2014_Workshops_on_X3D_Evolution/Revolution#BIM.2FAEC.2FAM.2FCAD_Initiatives

_BIM/AEC/AM/CAD Initiatives_

X3D Computer-Aided Design (CAD) Working Group

     Agenda review and welcome discussion

     Demonstration: CAD Scene Graph and Part Viewing (including direct link)

Progress and planned work

     jgeom and X3D NURBS component support
     Xj3D Evolution

Recent activities and developments

     Architecture Engineering Construction (AEC)
     Building Information Modeling (BIM)
     Additive Manufacturing (AM) aka 3D Printing
     Additive Manufacturing File Format (AMFF)

Additional topics are welcome.

We decided to continue these preparations and meet again on the Web3D teleconference line in one week, Wednesday 4 pm pacific (Thursday 8 am KST Korea).