[x3d-public] uploadvr.com Flashback: Larry Rosenthal talks 3D and VR Projects in the 1990s

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Wed May 6 21:52:21 PDT 2015

"Flashback: Larry Rosenthal talks 3D and VR Projects in the 1990s"
by Matthew Terndrup, April 17, 2015

http://uploadvr.com/flashback-larry-rosenthal

"Virtual reality is here to stay. It is showing up everywhere – from being an integral part in large scale conferences to showing up at small, close knit meetups. Practically everywhere you look, VR is booting up to alter every industry it touches; but where did it all come from? Why is virtual reality proliferating now like never before?

In a series of interviews and re-publications, we venture into the past to see where this exciting virtual reality ride began. Today, we interview Larry Rosenthal of “cube3.com” who has worked in the 3D and VR fields since the late 1980s. He has seen the many rises and falls of the virtual reality medium and has documented many trends along the way."
[...]