[x3d-public] [x3dom-users] Nodes for V4

Leonard Daly web3d at realism.com
Sun Aug 28 10:01:36 PDT 2016

Andreas,

> Hi,
>
> thanks Leonard, this looks great. I put the test scenes on github
> pages for easy viewing here:
>
> http://andreasplesch.github.io/x3dv4/

Thanks.

Is there an automatic process to update these if I update (or add) a
test file?

> Concerning the Macro node, what do you think about having a way to
> define defaults for the %parameters% in the Macro template for the
> case when not all or no parameters are provided with the Macro node ?

Providing defaults is a good idea. I like it.

> A possible syntax would be perhaps to just add the default after an
> equal sign to where the parameter is used: %myparam=10% ?

Right now I am using JavaScript's RegExp parser on '\%'+name+'\%'. I can
see problems with backslashes or other RegEx control structures in name.
Perhaps name should be limited to A-Za-z0-9\-_

The loop is over the list of supplied name/value pairs where the name is
the hash of the value in the array. Once all of the array values have
been processed, another pass would need to be done to handle the
defaults. Anything left as %<string>% would need to be processed for an
'=' and replaced with the default value.

Is that what you had in mind?

Leonard Daly

--
*Leonard Daly*