[x3d-public] Field access in V4.0 geometric nodes

Leonard Daly Leonard.Daly at realism.com
Thu Feb 25 15:41:45 PST 2016

Yves,

The definition for Torus was taken from X3DOM. I have not done anything
with that, including trying to determine if the fields are correct or
even if the node is desirable.

So since you have raised this, is Torus a good node to have with other
primitive shapes? If it is a good node to have, are there other Pyramid,
octahedron, mobius strip, etc?

What should the key size/shape fields be? InitializeOnly was chosen for
the initial shapes so that the player could optimize the display and
processing. That was 20 years ago. Is that still needed?

Leonard Daly

> The new Torus node in V4.0 specifies inputOutput access for innerRadius, outerRadius etc. Does it mean that the size fields of all geometric nodes will be changed from initializeOnly (as specified in <http://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19775-1/V3.3/>) to inputOutput? (e.g. radius in Sphere)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Yves
>
> On 24 févr. 2016, at 18:48, Leonard Daly wrote:
>
>> I have been working on a proposal for V4.0. It is at http://tools.realism.com/specification/x3d-v40 This is not a complete document, but extends the V3.3 document. This is currently a work in progress so there are areas that are not complete and insufficiently specified. I am interested in hearing from people who wish to contribute.

*Leonard Daly*
3D Systems & Cloud Consultant
X3D Co-Chair on Sabbatical
LA ACM SIGGRAPH Chair