[x3d-public] X3D JSON Loader now includes sample Python imperative encoding as output; Challenge for Don.

yottzumm at gmail.com yottzumm at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 13:17:25 PST 2016

Following along with Don B.’s imperative HelloWorld.java, I have created an imperative encoding for python.  See repository at: https://github.com/coderextreme/X3DJSONLD and webserver: http://coderextreme.net/X3DJSONLD/ for examples of this encoding. An example HelloWorld.py is included here, but shouldn’t run—I’m still working on that code.

I hope more imperative encodings will be accepted in the future, including JavaScript and D3.js.

The approach I took when generating the python was to generate from DOM.  This worked well.   The serializer is 32 lines and is found in X3DJSONLD.js in the repository. I have not tested comments or scripts yet.  So far, the new encoding is only an output encoding.

Don, I challenge you to create a declarative Java encoding using nested object arrays.  Yes, you can translate XML into Java object arrays.

I see a wonderful mixture of declarative and imperative styles coming.

John
Sent from Mail for Windows 10