[x3d-public] Deformable Skin Animation

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 11 12:34:13 PST 2016

Hi Leonard, ,
Sounds like you have the maths, but also take a look at the Boxman
example in the HAnim archives.
That basically could serve as an unofficial prototype for the
hanim-style joint-based continious mesh animations.
It shows a script to do deformable skin using joints as the actuators.
That example is also interesting because it shows how to produce a
continious mesh from a set of individual geometries.

For an slighty bigger hanim example that runs in BSContact and several
others, the attached example shows deformable skin based on weighted
joint(s) animation for the LOA3.

Thanks,
Joe

* I know people may be getting tired of this one, but notice I just
added some fingerworks on the right hand, to demo the right-hand rule
and show that if you keep track of your axes, z rotation is always
gonna be roll.

<OrientationInterpolator DEF='r_index0RotInterp'
key='0,0.5,0.75,1'  keyValue='0 0 1 0,0 0 1 0,0 0 2.9 1,0 0 1
0'></OrientationInterpolator>
<OrientationInterpolator DEF='r_index1RotInterp'
key='0,0.5,0.75,1'  keyValue='0 0 1 0,0 0 1 0,0 0 5.9 1.5,0 0 1
0'></OrientationInterpolator>
<OrientationInterpolator DEF='r_index2RotInterp'
key='0,0.5,0.75,1'  keyValue='0 0 1 0,0 0 1 0,0 0 5.9 1.5,0 0 1
0'></OrientationInterpolator>
<OrientationInterpolator DEF='r_index3RotInterp'
key='0,0.5,0.75,1'  keyValue='0 0 1 0,0 0 1 0,0 0 6.1 1.5,0 0 1
0'></OrientationInterpolator>