[x3d-public] X3D Resources Examples. Basic/UniversalMediaMaterials images are monochrome

Roy Walmsley roy.walmsley at ntlworld.com
Mon Sep 5 06:52:54 PDT 2016

John,

The 3D models do have colour. I  don’t know if they were captured as monochrome to save disk space. Each thumbnail file is a PNG file,  with a resolution of 128x128 and a bit depth of 32. The first attached image is from ArtDecoExamples.x3d, Low Right Viewpoint at the same resolution settings.

The viewpoint images on the web site are also all monochrome. The resolution is 792x465 with a bit depth of 32. The Second attached image is the same settings, using the same example and viewpoint as the first. This latter image is 95kb. The one on the web site is only 12kb.

Don should be able to provide more info …

Roy