[x3d-public] setUSE in X3DJSAIL. Impact on X3DJSONLD.

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 14:04:12 PDT 2017

So far I’m just doing JSON, DOM, XML, Java, Nashorn, Python with node.js.  I don’t do X3DJSAIL with node.js yet [it’s more X3D JSON -> DOM -> X3DJSAIL (Java, Python, Nashorn)]. Important distinction.  I have generated TypeScript and JavaScript from X3DJSAIL using maven, but never really got it running (see commented out sections of https://github.com/coderextreme/JavaSceneAuthoringInterfaceLibrary/blob/master/pom.xml ).  I think the right approach might be a native port, or split up the JavaScript into individual files and re-implement the ones that use native Java. (stylesheets, files, properties).

Is now the right time to do this?  Is there enough demand to warrant development? What would we use it for that we can’t do with X3DJSAIL or X3DJSONLD now?

I don’t think generating a node.js library on top of X3DJSAIL would be particularly worth it, since we have Nashorn, and node.js may be a lot of work.