[x3d-public] Preprocessing X3D for inclusion in a web page with X3DOM (MutationObserver + Proxy)

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 13:50:58 PDT 2017

As some of you may be aware, I am preprocessing X3D JSON to filter out
Prototypes, ROUTEs and Scripts in preparation for inclusion along with
X3DOM in a web page.  In an offline fashion (or online, with eval), I
expand prototypes, convert JSON to XML, convert scripts to JavaScript
constructors, instantiate the scripts, and provide mutation observers and
proxies to replace the routes.  If the Scripts are coded right, this works
okay.   Often the scene becomes disconnected however.   I think I lack a
cohesive event model, and this is one thing I'm hoping to get from XSeen,
once it is fully developed.   It would seem like the DOM MutationObservers
should be merged with the JavaScript Proxies (or are they already?  Please
let me know) for a clean result.

Looking forward to XSeen's event model, when it appears.