[x3d-public] Interesting JSON schema validation failure. What should I use for an regular expression for a uri for a Script.url field? (or uri's in general). I'd like to reject this or at least warn.

yottzumm at gmail.com yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun May 7 07:33:36 PDT 2017

Failed  C:/x3d-code/www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Vrml2Sourcebook/Chapter30Scripts/Figure30_1ScriptSlidingBall.json
 keyword: format
 dataPath: X3D > Scene > -children > 3 > Group > -children > 8 > Script > @url > 0
 value: "ecmascript: function set_fraction( fraction eventTime ) { value_changed[0] = fraction; value_changed[1] = 0.0; value_changed[2] = 0.0; }"
 message: should match format "uri"
 params: {"format":"uri"}
 file: C:/x3d-code/www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Vrml2Sourcebook/Chapter30Scripts/Figure30_1ScriptSlidingBall.json
 version: 3.0

As you can see, things are improving with Schema errors, at least in the console.  I’m hoping that Alex will provide HTML integration and good console colored errors.  Alex is a good sounding board for me.

I was able to repurpose some of my code for MFPath routes to get the value: out of the object.  How do you like the dataPath format?  I wanted to make it very explorer like.  This is a new addition to X3DJSONLD.js code proper, instead of being a side project.