[x3d-public] The following files do not pass the new, generated X3D 3.3 JSON schema (yay, we caught some more)

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Tue Oct 24 06:54:36 PDT 2017

On 10/24/2017 4:00 AM, John Carlson wrote:
> C:/x3d-code/www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/HumanoidAnimation/BoxManAnimationPanel.json
>
> C:/x3d-code/www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/X3dSpecifications/Robot.json
> [...]

Great that more potential problems are being isolated and validation tests improved!

Be sure to check the originals to see if source problems are causing the error.

For example, for the simple Robot test from the specification

http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/X3dSpecifications/
http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/X3dSpecifications/RobotIndex.html
(check-mark button)
https://savage.nps.edu/X3dValidator?url=http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/X3dSpecifications/Robot.x3d

Performing X3D Schematron check...
<ProtoInstance DEF="" USE="Arm" name="Pendulum"/> includes unnecessary attribute name='' which is not required for ProtoInstance USE node [/X3D/Scene/ProtoInstance/fieldValue[4]/Transform/Transform[3]/ProtoInstance, warning] X3D Schematron check: pass.

So it looks like this needs to be cleaned up, following our recent relaxation of ProtoInstance name field for USE instances.  I will fix that.  Visual display looks pretty ragged as well.

Perhaps not your current problem, but useful troubleshooting.

Good hunting with continued tuning of the X3D JSON schema.