[x3d-public] HAnim only skeleton renderable ?

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 05:34:00 PDT 2018

In my first attempt to improve the implemention of  HAnim nodes and
fields in x3dom, most (all?) shapes making up the Nancy humanoid from
Nancy, native tags, were rendered multiple times, on top of each
other.
The reason turned out to be the USE references in the joints and
segments field of Humanoid.
Since a USE node places another instance of a DEF node into the scene
graph, all the Shapes in the joint and segment nodes were duplicated.

So my question is if only the nodes in the skeleton field should be
rendered while the USE references in the joints and segments fields
should not be rendered and are provided exclusively for other purposes
(like kinematics) ? I could not quite answer that question from the
standard language.

-Andreas

--
Andreas Plesch