[x3d-public] slightly beyond me tonight

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 20:01:53 PDT 2018

I think this might be better checked by Roy, if he was here.   Perhaps you can take a look, Don, since we are getting into python.

Another python expert could weight in as well.   Knowledge of X3DUOM is useful.

I have checked in changes to the python JSON schema generator, at:

https://github.com/coderextreme/X3DJSONLD/blob/master/src/main/python/etgenerateJSONschema.py

Your task, should you choose to accept it, will be to run the shell script, found here in the shell folder:

https://github.com/coderextreme/X3DJSONLD/blob/master/src/main/shell/generateSchema.sh

[  Requires /c/x3d-code/www.web3d.org/specifications/X3DUnified*, jsonlint ]

Then do git diffs and compare against what’s checked in, here:

https://github.com/coderextreme/X3DJSONLD/tree/master/src/main/schema

Compare schema version against X3DUOM version, found here:

http://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3DUOM.html

Solve the python issues in etgenerateJSONschema.py

I think we’ve got another retired person running out of steam.  Maybe it’s a late night tonight.

I am thinking we need to reduce the amount of code.   Perhaps by validating directly against the X3DUOM with python or javascript (anyone want to pick?), instead of validating against JSON Schema.

Any chance we could create a JSON validator from an ontology?

I am beginning to see why all this schema stuff is just a total waste of time and it’s better to use an object model.

For extra credit, copy schemas here:

https://github.com/coderextreme/x3dschema/

and run validate.sh

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I’ll probably feel a bit better tomorrow.  Probably by Wednesday I’ll be ready to write a Python Object Model/SAI.

The frappucino is weighting heavily tonight or some such.

Getting into it:
John “Toss the schema, use the object model” Carlson