[x3d-public] Please fix X3dToJson.xslt to work with Saxon-CE, Saxon-Js and xslt3

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Mon Apr 12 06:51:06 PDT 2021

Several responses.

a.  X3dToJson.xslt works.  Each error you have found that is a stylesheet error has been fixed so far, the majority are false positives and reflect known (or intentional) errors in scenes.  Let's keep reducing your error population, as discussed checking "meta" tags can reveal whether an .x3d model has a known error.

b. I am using the open-source version of Saxon saxon9he.jar for greatest repeatability by others and it is included in the build.  You are welcome to use any form of saxon.  This should not effect X3dToJson.xslt since it is written according to an open standard.

Suggest that better identification and filtering of false positives is appropriate.

Thanks for your efforts.