[x3d-public] Umm. What's this? HAnim?

Joseph D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 12 12:21:08 PDT 2021

➢ Right toes?

Correct, John, those are the righties, r_..._tip ehsuh in order, biggie to smallie, of a silly old rhyme.
You wiggle each and say what each piddy do, then laugh when all are home safe, then do the l_ piddy ehsuh, read or look at the sky, then peaceful sleep.
This is when I was making skin points and triangles mainly from hanim V1 sites, using mainly V1 annex A hanim example humanoid dimensions for kicker skin geometry. HAnim V2 adds all the toe tips, not only stayedhome.

You can look at the input vrml classic before inline comment mangling of its conversion to .x3d then back again to .x3dv.
As shown here, the order of those #description items should exactly correspond to the order of points in the Humanoid skin field, for documentation of the meaning of each SF in the MF.

https://youtu.be/T6MJ3s_a3HM?t=140

To me, a giant contribution would be to account for the apparent inability for use of the inline field comment available in .x3dv classic, but not in .x3d xml, except as honored remains serialized as xml comments down at the end. Me still thankful and respectful of the work to save the keystrokes, but now, how to maintain ordered context in this special case transcoding?
Maybe, at least a notation that:
Hey, if your vrml style uses inline comments inside a field, like points, for instance, like, in this archaic user code,
then the xmlization will result in … (…).
Very predictably done in x3d conforming tools.
So please don’t be surprized when you get xmlized.

Thanks for all your attention to this stuff, John. I’ll send an actual latest version of that if …
All Best Fun with the Humanoid,
Joe