[x3d-public] Moving away two language solutions for X3DJSAIL.

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Apr 15 08:56:15 PDT 2021

John, we spent a loooong time (1-2 years) trying to get pyjnius to work.  It couldn't handle what we needed for generating X3D classes.

Rather than converting X3DJSAIL to python via pyjnius, we "cleared the decks" and tossed it.  I wrote a stylesheet autogenerating python as x3d.py using X3DUOM.

* Python X3D Package x3d.py
   X3D Python Scene Access Interface Library (X3DPSAIL)
   https://www.web3d.org/x3d/stylesheets/python/python.html

On 4/13/2021 9:51 AM, John Carlson wrote:
> Has anyone compiled and successfully run pyjnius on Linux?
>
> Maybe I can resurrect X3DJSAIL-Python after all...

I think we achieved all our goals originally associated with pyjnius, and so not clear why you would want to repeat that ordeal.

Recommend continued steady improvement of our existing stable autogenerated SAI implementations.  They will never diverge from the official X3D architecture.