[x3d-public] Moving away two language solutions for X3DJSAIL.

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 15:00:43 PDT 2021

On 4/15/21 10:50 AM, Don Brutzman wrote:
> On 4/13/2021 9:40 AM, John Carlson wrote:
>> I recently discovered that OpenJDK 14 supports jjs on Linux, so I
>> have hope that nashorn will be carried forward by OpenJDK!
>>
>> Has anyone heard news one way or the other?
>
> It is gone.  Prior mail provided link to release notes.

I can confirm that it's not in OpenJDK 15, but OpenJDK is likely spread
across several packages on Linux.  The headless OpenJDK 14 is the one I
found that worked.   OpenJDK 15 was not reported as an option when
running jjs.

>> Woohoo!   X3DJSAIL-JS is back on Linux!
>
> Sorry but have no idea what this means.  Perhaps you have a page
> describing it that is publicly sharable?

X3DJSAIL-JS is just one of my names for the OpenJDK 14 nashorn
integration with X3DJSAIL, as maintained in X3DJSONLD.   Since I have
been moving to Linux, I have many things broken that used to run on Windows.