[x3d-public] possible issue with X3dToJava.xslt: confirm naming changed from pointsizeAttenuation to attenuation?

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sat Apr 17 15:23:16 PDT 2021

Hi John.  You called it correctly, have found a number of omissions with respect to PointProperties field defaults.  Fixed, but also some double checking...

X3D4 specification defines /attenuation/ field but also found some inconsistent examples with PointProperties /pointSizeAttenuation/ field usage.

Also found some inconsistencies indicating pointSizeAttenuation in X3D Tooltips and secondary information in X3D XML Schema.

Am finding /pointSizeAttenuation/ dozens of times in mantis, but not finding anything about renaming it to /attenuation/ there.

X3D4 has SFVec3f /attenuation/ field for PointProperties, PointLight and SpotLight.  So no inconsistencies found.

Then went back into the DTD and Schema changelogs: this change was applied 1 NOV 2020.  Probably following an X3D Working Group call.

So I think we are OK, field name /attenuation/ is applied consistently now.  Will keep checking for issues, updates tonight.