[x3d-public] C++ SAI 100 days, working on getting it working on Linux. HelloWorld.cpp in Windows?

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 03:15:42 PDT 2021

As far as I can tell, the C++ SAI code hasn't changed in 100 days in the
x3d project on Sourceforge. Will there be a release in the next 80 days
(would a 6 month cycle be good?)?

I have been diligently working today on getting HelloWorld.cpp working
on Linux.  It's minus meta statements, (oops) and maybe a few other
things.  I have got the code in shape such that I want someone else to
try to compile it, especially on Windows.

Attached you will find the HelloWorld.cpp.   I've purposefully reverted
the sourceforge library code on my local box, hoping to get a Windows 10
o r 11 running in a virtual machine. Or just out of frustration.

Note that there are no statements in the example, I do have other
examples with statements, if you're interested.  I don't know how SAI is
going to create statements, but I'll look it up.

If someone is interested enough to see my transpiler in it's buggy
state, i can release it. I'll probably create some documentation before
I do that.

Does anyone know if Xamarin contains a C/C++ compiler compatible with
Windows source code?

Thanks for any insight.