[x3d-public] Proposal: convert .x3d file into a WebView app download option

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 00:30:53 PST 2021

We all know that there are now "apps" these days that present a www
page.   How difficult would it be to provide a way for someone to click
on a .x3d link, and launch the WebView or other without any HTML page
being required?  This might be an extension to X3DOM or X_ITE.

In other words, in the pop-up for the application to launch an .x3d file
from in a web browser, X3DOM and X_ITE should be options.

I could clean up the X3DJSONLD user interface by just giving a list of
.3d (and .wrl, .x3dv) links in many cases, removing horrible select
UI/UX pull-downs

Some WebViews;

Crosswalk WebView (android, it seems).

InstantGlory (iOS?)

Maybe we can collect some for X3D Resources?

Thanks!