[x3d-public] explain default cases first in spec.

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 14:10:43 PST 2021

This is a minor observation which, however, tends to trip me up while
reading the spec.

In

https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3Dv4Draft/ISO-IEC19775-1v4-CD1/Part01/components/geometry3D.html#IndexedFaceSet

at about the 6th paragraph, sections d) and e) define the cases for
colorPerVertex. d) is for false, and e) is for true. The default value
for colorPerVertex is true. I would expect to read first the
explanation for the default case. So, reading about the non-default
case first makes me have to double check what the default value is.

I do not have a good sense if that ordering of explanations of cases
is systematic throughout. Another example occurs in items f) and g)
for texCoordIndex. Here also the non-default case is defined first.

If desired and helpful, I could go through the complete spec. and
check all such occurrences. Just let me know,

Andreas

--
Andreas Plesch
Waltham, MA 02453