[x3d-public] want to help update/upgrade scripts in my PlayCanvas project?

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 07:29:24 PST 2021

I need help modifying my scripts in my PlayCanvas project, because if I
don't, the admins will make the project readonly.

I only found out about the plan today.

I cannot muster the solitary gusto to modify the scripts, but I welcome
some collaborators for gaining steam.  (I have flu/pneumonia as well).

It's a very simple program, with a single model in the middle of the
page and several cameras, switching models, switching skyboxes, and
using W,A,S,D,space and arrows as input.

It would be a good project to learn a web based authoring system/engine,
if anyone wants too. It was the first web based 3D animation authoring
system that I found, and it seems quite excellent for simple
stuff--provides easy entry point compared to Blender.  It imports
Blender FBX files and converts them to a JSON format, I believe.

The code is here:  https://playcanvas.com/project/370389/code Let me
know if you're trying to access and can't.  I think it's public.

If someone wants to turn this into a raytracing/PBR project, let's go
for it, but my system doesn't do RTX, I have a GTX980.

Here's a live demo:

https://playcanv.as/p/wQgQBgkE/

It looks like a fairly simple port, getting rid of constructors and
setting additional variables in an initialize function.

X3DOM also has an web-based authoring system.