[x3d-public] How to enable https/http images/textures in view3dscene on Kubuntu Groovy Gorilla?--Warnings attached.

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 18:00:08 PST 2021

I can provide files if necessary.  This one is in the Humanoid Animation
section of X3D Resources Examples.

Works fine from Dolphin. Clicking on links in email that doesn't work
(yipes!).  Also command line doesn't work with initial settings.

For example, this link doesn't show the texture in view3dscene:
https://coderextreme.net/X3DJSONLD/src/main/data/KoreanCharacter01Jin.x3d

CORS issue?

Also, downloading .x3d file from x3d examples doesn't download texture
either:

https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/HumanoidAnimation/Characters/KoreanCharacter01JinIndex.html

There is a setting, see below. But it doesn't work for the link. It does
work for files launched from the command line, and Dolphin checks out okay.

Michalis:

Would you like these reports private, or reported to x3d-public? The
reason I am posting to x3d-public in general, and not privately, was
because Don Brutzman suggested that approach.

How to enable http/https and textures in links?  This seems
relevant--instructions for enabling networking:
https://castle-engine.io/x3d_implementation_networking.php

I totally understand that you're dealing with security, and you may
choose a different approach because of that.

Thanks!