[x3d-public] X3D and VRML for multiuser worlds

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 20:41:50 PST 2021

I'd like to talk a bit about publish/subscribe.

My message queuing (is this the same as publish/subscribe? Why did they
change the name?  Message queuing is the implemention, and pub/sub is
the design pattern?) is limited to JMS, AQ and a bit of ActiveMQ.  Why
can't we just install ActiveMQ and connect to a web browser (somehow?)?
Is the problem such that we need security for the MQ? Or that MQ systems
get filled with messages that no one is subscribed to?

Here's a site for open source queuing software:

https://activemq.apache.org/

Here are the message queuing standards, including MQTT and not including
JMS, which is java specific.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Message_queue#Standards_and_protocols

Can we find one more suitable for X3D, perhaps, like I could publish my
avatar to a repository, and people could subscribe to big changes of my
avatar (not just motion)?