[x3d-public] unrecognized value. HAnim bug in KoreanCharacterMotionAnnex*aliases for LOA-02/3 and LOA-4 feet

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Jan 27 07:59:28 PST 2021

i think this is within our current focus for HAnim version 2.  actually this issue is based on LOA-2 and LOA-3 referring to a joint that does not have the same name in LOA-4.

if we can agree on aliasing that name, then changing a model up to LOA-4 does not break continuity for LOA-2 and LOA-3.  Same for multiple models at different LOAs.

am thinking we can confidently "steer clear" of ROUTE delivery of events, that can remain the same using the tried-and-true DEF naming mechanisms.

so please look it over again Joe, if there are no objections to alias values then i'll add them to XML schema enumerations, X3DUOM and various programming language APIs (X3DJSAIL, X3DPSAIL) and Turtle.  at that point John's original error message will go away and the specification example will pass validation.

* [x3d-public] unrecognized value. HAnim bug in KoreanCharacterMotionAnnex* aliases for LOA-02/3 and LOA-4 feet
   http://web3d.org/pipermail/x3d-public_web3d.org/2021-January/014546.html