[x3d-public] X3D-Edit 4.0 beta release progress

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sat Jun 5 15:16:27 PDT 2021

"X3D-Edit is a free, open-source Extensible 3D (X3D) Graphics authoring tool for simple high-quality authoring, editing, import/export, validation and viewing of X3D scenes."

We're happy to report that the X3D-Edit 4.0 beta release progress continues to move forward.

People are successfully using the beta on Windows, Mac and Linux.

The current release has a lot of menu updates/additions and better Xj3D handling.

We are developing and deploying under NetBeans 12.4 and Java OpenJDK 16.

Developer support just got better this weekend with restoration of NetBeans operation in debug mode.

* https://savage.nps.edu/X3D-Edit

Beta testing and X3D4 improvements continue, all reports welcome.  Have fun with X3D!  8)