[x3d-public] Wishlist: text interpolator (accessibility)

Joseph D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 16 16:43:00 PDT 2021

From: John Carlson
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 1:53 PM
To: X3D Graphics public mailing list
Subject: [x3d-public] Wishlist: text interpolator (accessibility)

I wish for animated 3D text as an interpolator node in X3D.   I don’t know if I want morphing or not.   There’s an issues of animating a letter between fonts and morphing between letters/words alongside the already existing transforms.

I’m guessing I need a new standard to be integrated into X3D, or does one exist?  Is anyone interested in this, or do we need advancement in HAnim first?

Ultimately, I think sign language would fall into this.  One might consider how a text interpolator might be modified for accessibility.    (morph-based spatial “audio”?)

One might also consider shape interpolators (morphing).

Hopefully we could leverage alphabets like ISWA.