[x3d-public] X3D-Edit on Linux?

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun May 9 18:27:32 PDT 2021

As reported before:

$ bash x3dedit40-linux\(1\).sh
Configuring the installer...
Searching for JVM on the system...
Extracting installation data...
Running the installer wizard...

(java:731882): Gtk-WARNING **: 20:07:51.534: Unable to locate theme
engine in module_path: "adwaita",

does not work.

Trying netbeans 12.3 + modules X3D-Edit4.0NetbeansModules.zip

Launch works!

All modules seem to install (I didn't notice any errors).

Xj3D from browser menu doesn't work.  Button icon does.

FreeWRL brought up strange model on first run, fixed after that.

Kate doesn't come up and neither does web browsers.

HTML or rendered HTML doesn't come up and neither does web browser.

Schematron appears to report same errors as before.

I will attempt to install some authoring tools next.

John