[x3d-public] X3D minutes 14 May 2021: Web3D 2021, CAD STEP presentations, X3D-Edit, id attribute, XML SFString in MFString

vmarchetti at kshell.com vmarchetti at kshell.com
Sun May 16 18:13:06 PDT 2021

> On May 14, 2021, at 1:32 PM, Don Brutzman <brutzman at nps.edu> wrote:
>

> d. Propose upcoming meeting to discuss Blender export/import improvements
>
> Team effort needed to improve Blender, several people have skills, can we get deliberate about it?
>
> What is a good Friday, we could schedule 0800-0900 pacific (one hour before regular X3D meeting)
>
> * Michalis Kamburelis, Andreas Plesch, Nicholas Polys, what day works for you?
>
> Available dates: 21 May, 28 May, 11 June.

Any of these Fridays works for me.

Some resources for meeting, these have been noted before in the X3D minutes

Code repository with Blender <-> X3D scripts is at https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/BA/browse/master/io_scene_x3d/ <https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/BA/browse/master/io_scene_x3d/>

A Wiki style tutorial and guide to Python scripting in Blender, applied to export scripts,  at https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro/Advanced_Tutorials/Python_Scripting/Export_scripts <https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro/Advanced_Tutorials/Python_Scripting/Export_scripts>

Vince Marchetti